The Fearnley Dawes Athletic Track is located in Newcastle.
The venue was opened in 1954 and originally called the Newcastle Athletics Field, until it was renamed in 2017 following the venue’s resurfacing.
The track is named after Paralympic wheelchair athletes Kurt Fearnley and Christie Dawes.
The track is a six lane blue Reckotan surface and features an additional seventh lane, made of asphalt, dedicated to wheelchairs. It is believed to be one of only two tracks in the world that features a dedicated wheelchair lane.
The track had fallen into a significant state of disrepair prior to its 2017 resurfacing, with the prior surface worn so significantly that the concrete base was visible.
The track is managed by the Newcastle Athletics Field Management Inc. It is generally open for training during summer in the morning between 6am and 8am and in the afternoon from 3:30pm to 6:30pm.