The Victorian Milers Club was founded in 2005 and runs a series of middle distance meets in Melbourne each year. The club is modelled on the British Milers Club.
The meets are granted National Permit status by Athletics Australia, which allows performances to count towards qualification to competitions, including the World Athletics Rankings.
This is Meet #1 in the series, featuring 3000m races. There are five meets scheduled for the series:
- Meet #1: 3000m at Lakeside Stadium, 9 November 2023.
- Meet #2: 800m and 1500m at Box Hill, 21 December 2023.
- Meet #3: 800m and 1500m at Box Hill, 18 January 2024.
- Meet #4: 800m and Mile at Moonee Valley, 6 February 2024.
- Meet #5: 800m and 1500m at Doncaster, 14 March 2024.
With races graded by performance and pacemakers organised, over 400 athletes often participate at the events.
Entry is via Athletics Victoria.